We would like you to join our Paramedic team and contribute to the teaching and learning in our BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science course. We have been producing the next generation of paramedics for a decade and are well-established and highly regarded within our school where we provide a stimulating environment for staff and students.
Our lecturers develop and utilise a range of teaching methods to support student learning in both theory and practice, and act as a personal tutor; using listening, interpersonal and pastoral care skills. We work in partnership with students, academics, researchers, service users and service colleagues to deliver high quality learning and teaching based contemporary research findings and practice.
In order to be successful in this post you will bring with you:
- A current registration as a paramedic with the Health & Care Professions Council.
- An up to date knowledge of contemporary paramedic practice.
- A BSc and postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject or be committed to studying at a higher level.
- It is expected that you will continually update your disciplinary and/or professional knowledge and understanding to develop personal (and, where appropriate, collaborative) research objectives.
- The primary focus of this role will be supporting BSc students, however, there are also opportunities to engage in curriculum development at both pre- and post-registration levels. There is also an opportunity to potentially take on the role of course leader (depending on experience).
The University of Brighton ranks 30th in the 2019 Guardian League table for health professions, has a silver TEF award and a strong research record, factors which contribute to our reputation as a leading modern university.
We welcome applications from candidates seeking to job share.
This post is based at our Brighton, Falmer campus, but travel to other university and practice sites will be required.