The University of Chester is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our PGCert Approved Mental Health Practice programme. The position requires that the external examiner has experience as an Approved Mental Health Practitioner and will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of the programme. The role will involve being an external examiner across for a 20 credit Pre-AMHP module and the suite of 3, 20 credit level 7 postgraduate modules which make up the programme. You will be involved in the approval of assessment tasks, moderation of student work, completion of an annual report and will be invited to attend a minimum of one Module Assessment Board per year. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules/new programme. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role. The University of Chester offers extensive support for external examiners and holds annual workshops. Further support is also provided by the Programme Lead. If you are interested in applying, please send your curriculum vitae (max 4 pages) covering the points below to Dr Eve Collins – Head of Department of Social Work and Interprofessional Education on email@example.com.
- Your contact details – postal address, telephone, email address for correspondence.
- Present post and employment history.
- Qualifications and professional memberships.
- External examiner experience within the past 5 years, including participation in recognised development programme/training (e.g., External Examiner training with Advance HE).
- Teaching experience and responsibilities within the past 5 years
- Quality assurance experience within the past 5 years.