The Faculty of Health Studies is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our new MNurse programme. This is an integrated Masters programme with dual qualification in either Adult and Mental Health Nursing or Child and Mental Health Nursing. This new and innovative programme enables students to develop specialist knowledge and skills in two fields of nursing so that they will be prepared for a career which combines skills from both areas.
- The programme currently aims to recruit 50-60 students annually.
- The tenure of the appointment is for a four-year period commencing in September 2021.
- All appointments are subject to approval by the University’s appointment committee.
- All applicants must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Teaching is shared across the first 3 years with the BSc Nursing programme which has its own external examiners.
An overview of your role and responsibilities includes:
- A sample range of assessed work at level 4,5,6,7 will be reviewed and ratified.
- The opportunity to review practice will also be provided
- Confirming the comparability of standards of student performance at University of Bradford with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education
- Confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students
- Reporting and advising on the above by means of approving coursework and examination papers and providing an annual report to the University.
The appointee will be required to moderate a sample of work and you will also be required to produce an annual report and attend Boards of Examiners as appropriate. The university operates a two-tier examination board system comprising of module assessment committees and boards of examiners.
All external examiners are members of the faculty’s academic committees and have the right to be present at all meetings. External examiners with programme responsibilities are required to be present at the relevant meetings for the programme he/she is responsible for.
You should not hold more than one other UK Higher Education External Examiner post at the start of the contract and be qualified to at least the level of the programme to be examined.
You should have appropriate expertise/experience in Nursing practice and education to master’s level in order to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in higher education. Ideally you will hold dual registration with the NMC as Children’s & Mental Health nurse or a Adult and Mental Health nurse.
For further details or an informal discussion please contact Sarah Knott, Programme Lead, on 01274 236595 or via email email@example.com. Course information can be found at: https://www.bradford.ac.uk/courses/ug/m-nurse-child-mental-health/
Interested individuals should submit a CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 1st October 2021.
- MSc Adolescent Psychotherapy Award map: The Leicester School of Nursing and Midwifery, within the Faculty of Health Sciences at De Montfort University (DMU), Leicester, is seeking to appoint an End Point Assessment (EPA) External Examiner for our FdSc Nursing Associate (Apprenticeship) programme. Appointment The duration of an Ex...The University of Derby is pleased to be able to offer a permanent opportunity to support the Pre-registration Adult Nursing Programme. The successful candidate will join a team of committed and friendly staff who deliver pre-registration and post-registration nursing and healthcare courses at...About us: The Professor in Rehabilitation will be located in the interdisciplinary School of Health and Social Wellbeing and contribute to an area of research relevant to the Centre for Health and Clinical Research which conducts excellent research and evaluation and supports its broad applicatio...The Faculty of Health Studies is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our new MNurse programme. This is an integrated Masters programme with dual qualification in either Adult and Mental Health Nursing or Child and Mental Health Nursing. This new and innovative programme enables students t...We are seeking to appoint an external examiner for The MSc in Advanced Practice (Midwifery) Degree Apprenticeship. The external examiner would need experience of teaching and assessing at Masters level and be an NMC registered midwife. Previous external examiner experience is desirable although w...Head of Nursing £51,799 - £60,022 per annum Uxbridge Buckinghamshire New University is an ambitious, modern university; one that is always open to fresh ideas and thinking. Our staff combine the very best professional practice with inspirational teaching. This is an exciting time to join ...The University of Cumbria is seeking to appoint External Examiners for Paramedic Degree Apprenticeship Programme. Please contact Gemma Howlett Principal Lecturer for further information. You will work within a small team of external examiners. Registered Paramedics and academics involved in HCPC ...The Centre for Applied Dementia Studies at the University of Bradford is looking for a dedicated individual to undertake the role of external examiner for our MSc Advanced Dementia Studies programme. This role is expected to start on 1 November 2021. This part-time and distance-learning progra...