We are seeking to find a replacement external examiner for the next academic year for the MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy course. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the Course Leader and the Academic Lead for Postgraduate Education. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will have a recognised Occupational Therapy qualification and be Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered.
One External Examiner is required for the post-registration MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy course
The MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy course has a mixture of full-time and part-time students from the UK, Europe, and other countries. It is part of the Continuing Professional Education and Post Graduate Education Programme in the School of Sport and Health Sciences. The course is a flexible course so students can put together a programme of study which is suitable for their needs (60 credits core modules + 60 credits optional modules + 60 credit dissertation). As external you would be responsible for a mix of some of the occupational therapy modules and dissertations.
Commencement date 1st October 2021 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact:
- Course Leader – Dao Tunprasert (T.Tunprasert2@brighton.ac.uk)
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont, N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk with the title of the course in the subject line.
Further information about the School of Health Sciences may be found on the University website at https://www.brighton.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us/academic-departments/school-of-health-sciences.aspx