The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our MSc Health Care Practice, BSc Health Care Practice, and MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner courses. These courses form part of our wider continuing professional development (CPD) provision. All modules and programmes are multi-disciplinary in nature. We are looking to appoint an external examiner to the following programmes and modules;
- BSc Health Care Practice
- MSc Health Care Practice
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner
- HS570 Return to Practice (Adult and Mental Health Nursing)
- HS621 Quality Improvement in Practice
- HS626 Quality Improvement in Practice
- HS627 Quality Improvement in Practice
- HS644 Management of Diabetes
- HS909 Quality Improvement in Practice
- HS982 Dissertation
- HS611 Developing Professional Practice
- HS613 Mindfulness, self-compassion and compassionate care
- HS634 Evidence Based Practice for Advanced Clinical Decision-Making
- HS640 Leadership in Health and Social Care
- HS641 Pharmacological Management of Diabetes – Optimising Control
- HS642 Pharmacological Management of Diabetes – Initiating Therapy and Optimising
- HS643 Advanced Management of Diabetes
- HS568 Fundamentals of Practice Nursing
- HS569 Clinical Care Skills for Registered Nurses
- HS955 Consultation and Assessment
- HS977 Managing Care At the End of Life
- HS978 Care of the Patient Undergoing Chemotherapy
- HS979 Advanced Clinical Practice Dissertation
Modules may change slightly on a yearly basis and some may not run depending on the volume of applications received.
We would like to appoint an External Examiner who can enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the School and who is experienced in delivering health or social care professions’ education or designing health or social care professions’ curricula. Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, anyone with appropriate educational and professional experience would be considered.
The appointment will be for four years from January 2021 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend two examination Boards per year – at least one board must be attended in person but additional boards can be attended via Zoom.
- To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report.
- To review coursework throughout the year and provide comments
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
For informal inquires please contact Penny Hodgkinson, CPD Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org