The University of Chichester School of Nursing and Allied Health is seeking to appoint an External Examiner to ensure appropriate quality standards are achieved within their BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) programme commencing September 2021. The University of Chichester is a new provider and you will become part of our journey as the first External Examiner for this course. The applicant should hold current registration as an Adult nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, have a Masters level qualification and experience of teaching and assessing at Undergraduate level in this field. Evidence of NMC registration and revalidation will be checked on recruitment. Experienced and new external examiners will be considered, provided the applicant has the relevant professional qualification(s) and experience. The appointment will be for four academic years commencing August 2021.
You will perform this role through:
- Constructive discussions with the academic and administrative teams regarding process, academic equivalence and endeavour
- consideration of proposed programme modification(s)
- review of summative assessment tasks and examination papers
- review of samples of student work, including practice assessment documents/portfolios
- the endorsement of marks to ensure agreed, fully moderated and externally examined sets of results
- visit to placement areas once a year within current regulations
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners
- submission of annual reports
To apply for this vacancy please send a short expression of interest together with a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 21st May 2021. If you wish to discuss the role please contact Dr Nita Muir (Head of School of Nursing and Allied Health) on N.Muir@chi.ac.uk.