Grade: UH7/UH8 Depending on Experience
School of Health and Social Work
Main purpose of the job
To undertake planning, teaching, assessment and evaluation of programmes of study at undergraduate and postgraduate level for Specialist Community Public Health Nursing and other appropriate Primary Care / Public Health programmes as required.
Main duties and responsibilities
At Lecturer level:
• Contribute to the selection, teaching, assessing and support of students on programmes of study related to Specialist Community Public Health Nursing, and other areas of Primary Care and/or Public Health relevant to professional background and experience.
• Undertake the role of Personal Tutor and Research Supervisor for Projects, as appropriate.
• Undertake the role of Academic Assessor to students on the SCPHN programme, liaising closely with designated Practice Assessors and Supervisors.
• Engage in scholarly and research activity for personal and professional development.
• Promote and maintain equal opportunities and outcomes.
• Participate in other academic activities within the School and University as negotiated with the Dean of School / Head of Department.
In addition, at Senior Lecturer level:
• Lead, teach and develop the curriculum within designated modules, including short courses where relevant.
• Perform administrative and quality assurance duties associated with the management of the programme/modules.
• Contribute to Programme Development teams, Examination Boards and Monitoring and Review Panels as appropriate.
• Represent public health/primary care and Specialist Community Public Health Nursing locally and nationally, contributing as appropriate to departmental activities and national networks.
HSK/Nursing, Health and Wellbeing/Primary Care Aug 2020
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing reports to the Head of Department, Nursing, Health and Wellbeing but is expected to operate with a substantial degree of autonomy in carrying out the above responsibilities and duties.
Informal Contact Details: Denise Knight, Professional Lead, Primary Care/Non-medical Prescribing, on 07908 512407 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Theresa Titchener, SCPHN Programme Lead, on 01707 285929 or email@example.com