A bit about the School of Health & Society…
Our School of Health & Society is one of the largest providers of nursing, midwifery, allied health professional, Social Work and Counselling and Psychotherapy education programmes in the UK, known for our track record of collaborating with a wide range of industry partners across health and social care to produce highly skilled graduates with real work experience. We are at an interesting time in the Higher Education sector. There is significant change in terms of oversight, student expectations and changing demographics and we are trying to do things differently so that we stay ahead of these changes. Our connection to industry is stronger than ever and we’re proud to have more partnerships with SMEs than any other Greater Manchester University.
The School of Health and Society is now looking to appoint a Lecturer in Physiotherapy to join our Physiotherapy team.
So what will the role involve?
- Contribute to teaching, research and leadership on our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- Contribute across the spectrum of academic work in the School through learning, teaching, research and enterprise
- Take a lead in your own area of expertise and develop new ideas to meet the needs of the modern world
- Contribute to our thinking and challenge how Salford can transform the way it addresses equity disparities, embraces diversity and becomes more inclusive
- Foster the development of an inclusive community, using teaching approaches which encourage inclusivity, working in partnership with students to improve their sense of belonging, diversifying the curriculum and using approaches to inclusive assessment to close the award gap
In particular, we are seeking to employ someone with a keen interest in supporting the learning experience and environment off-campus – leading on co-ordinating and developing placements for our students.
Please contact Linda Hollingworth, Head of Physiotherapy at L.Hollingworth@salford.ac.uk for an informal discussion. Interviews are scheduled to take place during the week beginning the 14th June 2021.
Please note this is a full time, permanent role and the starting salary is £41,526 per annum.
Within your cover letter/personal statement it is suggested that you address how you meet all the elements listed in the person specification if these are not evidenced in your CV.
Please follow the link below to submit an application for this role
What’s in it for you?
With over 200 languages spoken across Greater Manchester, we want to create an inspirational, inclusive learning and working environment, celebrating the diversity of our University community in our everyday conversations. Our student population is already incredibly diverse and we want to ensure this is reflected across our colleague profile as well.
To maintain work/life balance, when appropriate you can connect to work from wherever you are. Whether it’s our Peel Park Campus, MediaCityUK or your couch at home, the tools are there for you to do your best work. Flexibility on working from home is supported where possible, however the role will be based on the University of Salford campus.