The University of Wolverhampton requires an external examiner for a range of continuing professional development courses for qualified nurses contributing to our undergraduate and postgraduate awards for: Nursing Studies; Specialist Clinical Nursing; Nursing; and Clinical Nursing.
The external examiner will be expected to monitor the quality of the coursework across the modules and courses noted below:
- 6HW011 Leading and Delivering Specialist Care
- 6HW013 Co-ordinating Care in the Specialist Setting
- 6HW014 Enhancing Care in the Specialist Setting
- 7HW074 Applied Specialist Nursing Practice
- 7HW072 Applied Specialist Nursing Theory
- 7HW073 Applied Specialist Nursing Theory
- 7NH017 Essence of Nursing
- BSc Nursing Studies (top-up degree)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies (top-up degree)
- BSc Nursing Studies (Renal Care) / PG Cert Specialist Clinical Nursing (Renal Care)#
- BSc Nursing Studies (Critical Care) / Grad Cert Nursing Studies (Critical Care) / PG Cert Specialist Clinical Nursing (Critical Care)
- PG Cert Nursing / MSc Nursing
- PG Cert Clinical Nursing
We are seeking candidates whose areas of clinical professional expertise would enable him or her to monitor the quality of these advanced practice courses and externally moderate assessed work. External examiners are required to attend at least one assessment board a year and complete an annual report. External examiners are also required to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules within their area of expertise.
The post is for an initial period of 4 years, starting from December / January in academic year 2019-2020.
For informal enquiries regarding this post please contact Dr Julian Barratt (Julian.Barratt@wlv.ac.uk), Head of Post-Registration Education.
Interested persons should send their CV to following e-mail address: FEHWquality@wlv.ac.uk