The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, at Northumbria University are looking to appoint an External Examiner for the Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship (RNDA) Programme. It is a new programme that is being delivered in 18 months following accreditation of the students’ prior and experiential learning (APEL). Experience of working with employers and developing and delivering apprenticeship provision is preferable.
The appointed external examiner will have responsibility for an identified number of modules at level 5 and level 6 within this programme.
- Nursing practice
- Public health in contemporary practice
- Acute and critical care nursing
- Nursing adults with complex needs
- Evidence based practice
- Care of the older person
- Leading and managing care
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant academic and/or professional qualifications including current NMC registration in Adult Nursing.
- Relevant expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education.
- Sufficient standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the subject to be able to command the respect of academic peers.
- Familiarity with the standard expected of students to achieve the award that is to be examined.
- It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance will be provided for those new to this role.
Opening date: w/c 19 November Closing date: 14.12.18
The appointment will be effective from 1 January 2019, for a four-year term.
A formal expression of interest letter and accompanying detailed CV should be sent .