The University of Bradford Faculty of Health Studies is looking for a dedicated individual to undertake the role of external examiner for our FdSc Nursing Associate (Apprenticeship) programme, including responsibility for End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Subject to confirmation by a University scrutiny panel in January 2022, the appointment commences immediately for a 4-year term including EPA for the current cohort.
The role includes:
- Ensuring that the EPA gateway requirements have been met
- Ensuring apprentices have successfully completed the EPA
- Attending the Board of Examiners to confirm EPA decisions
- Moderate a sample of work and assessments
- Submission of an annual report
An overview of your role and responsibilities including fees and expenses can be found at our External Examiners site: https://www.bradford.ac.uk/teaching-quality/external-expertise/
Further information about the programme can be found at: https://www.brad.ac.uk/courses/ug/nursing-associate-apprenticeship-foundation/ and https://www.brad.ac.uk/health/school-of-nursing-and-healthcare-leadership/
We want you to apply to the address below, if you are:
- A Registered Nurse or Registered Nursing Associate with the NMC (essential)
- Qualified to at least Foundation Degree level or equivalent (essential)
- Holding no more than ONE other UK HE External Examiner post at the start of the contract
- Understanding of the ST0827 apprenticeship standard and assessment plan for the programme being considered (essential)
- Independent of the University of Bradford, the apprentices, End-Point Assessment Organisation (NMC AEI) and the employing organisations who are involved in delivering the apprenticeship. Details of organisations available on request. Our standard conflict of interest criteria apply including a 5 year window since your last engagement with the University of Bradford or the Programme Team. (essential)
- Able to undertake a paid role in the UK assuring academic standards in Higher Education (essential). Eligibility to work checks will be undertaken remotely in accordance with Home Office guidance.
- Aware of modern developments in the design & delivery of a flexible curriculum and possess some experience of teaching or training in HE or in practice.
Previous External Examiner experience is not essential and professional applicants from all backgrounds are welcomed.
To apply for this role:
Interested individuals should submit a CV by 19 January 2022 to Kavita Patel, Senior LTQE Business Partner, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org