We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner to cover both the above MSc pathways. The programmes are based within the School of Health Professions, Faculty of Health. Students on the pathways will be paramedics but will share some modules with other registered health and social care professionals for example Physiotherapists, Podiatrists and Occupational Therapy.
Consequently, the external examiner would be a paramedic preferably with experience in one of the above areas as well as experience in post-graduate educational provision, have a recordable teaching qualification and a current registration with the HCPC. Modules to be examined include a focus on hazardous areas response and prehospital critical care, interprofessional and distance learning.
The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- Currently three assessment panels a year (March, June, and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th May 2020 or for further information please contact Tristan Henderson on Tristan.email@example.com