We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MPsych (Hons) / MSc Advanced Psychology and MPsych (Hons) / MSc Human Neuroscience programmes. The programmes are based within the School of Psychology, Faculty of Health. Examples of modules requiring review include:
- Asking psychological questions: epistemology and strategy for formulating psychological research
- Advanced research design for psychology
- Data fluency: processing, visualising and analysing data for reproducible research
- Advanced techniques for psychological research
- Advanced interpretative methods
- Communicating psychological research
- Issues in cognitive and brain science
- Advanced psychological research project
- Foundations and applications of neuroimaging and neurostimulation
- Advanced practice in neuroimaging and neurostimulation
- Neuroscience research project
Further information on the programmes can be accessed via the following links:
- MPsych (Hons) Advanced Psychology: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/mpsych-advanced-psychology
- MSc Advanced Psychology: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/msc-advanced-psychology
- MPsych (Hons) Human Neuroscience: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/mpsych-human-neuroscience
- MSc Human Neuroscience: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/msc-human-neuroscience
The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and examining at a UK HE institution and have specific subject knowledge in relation to the examples of the modules given above.
The appointment will be for 4 years, commencing 1st August 2021. The commitment required is as follows:
• To review a range of coursework throughout the year
• To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
• To engage in communication with the programme team
• To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Zoom in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process (subject to national restrictions due to Covid-19).
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 16th May 2021 or for further information please contact: MPsych (Hons) / MSc Advanced Psychology lead: email@example.com or MPsych (Hons) / MSc Human Neuroscience lead: firstname.lastname@example.org.