University of Wolverhampton
Faculty of Education Health and Wellbeing
Institute of Health
Mental Health Nursing
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mental Health Nursing Lecturer/Senior Lecturer to apply for the post of External Examiner at the University of Wolverhampton.
The University of Wolverhampton currently supports approximately 80 mental health nursing students a year (across two intakes) on the Bachelor of Nursing Programme and 15 Masters of Mental Health Nursing students per year.
The external examiner will be expected to monitor the quality of the coursework across the Courses below:
- 4 x field specific mental health modules
Masters of Mental Health Nursing programme
- Masters of Nursing recognition of prior learning
- 2 x field specific mental health modules
We are seeking candidates whose areas of expertise would enable him or her to monitor the quality of these courses and externally moderate assessed work. External examiners are required to attend at least one assessment board a year and complete an annual report. External examiners are also required to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules within their area of expertise.
Person Specification: Essential:
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Wolverhampton in the last 5 years.
- Current registration with the NMC including a recordable teaching qualification.
- Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas.
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas.
- Research and publications in related area.
The post is for an initial period of 4 years, starting in September 2020 – 2024
All appointments are subject to Right to Work in the UK verification. Please refer to the UKVI website for further information.
Interested persons should send their CV to following e-mail address FEHWQuality@wlv.ac.uk
Closing date: Friday 14 August 2020
Quote Ref No: MHNurs07.07.20