The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for course units on the Masters in Nursing (MNurs) programme. These include:
- Advancing care – the social and political context of health and social care
The workload for the following units would commence in 2022/23;
- Shaping Nurses Recognition and Response to Serious Illness
- Nurse Education in Practice
- Research in Professional Practice (Major Project- to be shared between the two external examiners)
The programme recruits students across 3 fields of Nursing; Adult; Mental Health and Child.
Applications are therefore invited from individuals who have demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing at level 7 in Nursing.
External examiners for the Masters in Nursing programme would normally be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years, commencing in October.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. In addition we will provide a sample of Practice Assessment Documents to view via our online learning environment. User guides and support will be available.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years.
- Current registration with the NMC including a recordable teaching qualification.
- Master’s Degree or above in a related subject area.
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject area.
- Research and publications in related area.
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.
Expressions of interest by covering email or letter and CV should be sent by 24th May 2021 to Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org