Canterbury Christ Church University is seeking to appoint an experienced External Examiner for the MA Social Work Programme. The appointment will be with effect from September 2021 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years. The successful applicant will be responsible for reviewing seven core modules delivered at Level 7 and placement portfolios.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be a qualified social worker, registered with the professional body – Social Work England.
- Have expertise in the design, delivery, and assessment of social work education, as evidenced by their current (or previous) post within a higher education establishment.
- Previous experience of external examining is preferred, but if appropriate a suitable mentor will be appointed to support an eligible candidate.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year, which are held on our Canterbury Christ Church Campus or Remotely as required.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Submitting an annual report to the University Quality and Standard Boards.
If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV and covering letter to:
Charles Fonchingong Che, Programme Director, MA Social Work.