The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for the following three course units which are delivered at Level 7 across a number of programmes at Master’s level within the Division of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work including; MSc Advanced Leadership for Professional Practice, MSc Specialist Practice (cancer), MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (paediatrics), MSc Advanced Practice Interventions in Mental Health.
Applications are therefore invited from individuals who have demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in the following areas;
- Developing Practice, Managing Change
- Advanced Evidence Based Leadership
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Master’s Degree in a related area with a professional background in health or social care
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.
Expressions of interest by covering email or letter and CV should be sent by the 28th May 2021 to Katie.email@example.com