The Department of Population Health Sciences (Physiotherapy), King’s College London, is seeking to appoint an external examiner from July 2021 to our Department Sub-Assessment Board for our recently approved MSc in pre-registration physiotherapy. The programme will recruit up to 50 students and will use a variety of in course assessments, Ordinary Structured Clinical Examinations, practice placement assessments and written examinations. We would welcome expressions of interest from senior academics committed to developing quality teaching, learning and assessment. A range of resources and sources of support will be available to our External Examiner.
King’s College London is a research-led university based in the heart of London. The Faculty of Life Sciences and Medicine is one of the largest and most successful centres for research and education in the UK. Our community consists of more than 5,000 students who are supported by over 500 leading scientists and specialist educators. We deliver training for talented aspiring clinicians and health professionals in partnership with our NHS partners.
As our External Examiner, you will act as a critical friend as we implement our new programme and support the governance and assessment processes within our current suite of programmes. The specific commitments are as follows:
- Advising Boards of Examiners on the content and standards of assessments
- Moderating samples of examination scripts and other assessed materials
- Attending Boards of Examiners to approve awards and degree classifications
- Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases
- Submitting an annual report to the College Principal
Appointment is subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of External Examiners and has a tenure of 4 years. Fees and expenses are payable in line with the University policy.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a CV and a covering letter by email to:
- Mr Jonathan Lopez – Real, Senior Quality Officer, Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org