The Institute of Health and Allied Professions at Nottingham Trent University is seeking an External Examiner for a suite of continuing professional development courses
- BSc (Hons) leading and innovating practice
- Professional certificate in leading and innovating practice
- Post-graduate certificate in leading and innovating practice
The appointment will commence in the 2021/22 academic year (starting Sept 2021) for a tenure period of four years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University External Examiner Approval Panel.
The role of the external examiner is to consider:
- whether the standards set for the course are appropriate for its awards, award elements or subjects, by reference to published QAA Subject Benchmark Statements, the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ), course specifications and other relevant information;
- the comparability of the standards with those of similar courses or parts of courses in other UK higher education providers;
- the standards of student performance in the assessments for those courses;
- the extent to which the processes for assessment and the determination of awards are sound, have been fairly conducted and have supported the intended learning outcomes;
- whether the action points in previous external examiner reports have been acted upon, and standards and quality thereby enhanced;
- strengths and distinctive / innovative features in relation to academic standards, the operation of the assessment process and the quality of learning opportunities;
- attend at least one examination board/s per year and submit an annual report.
Further information about the External Examiner role at NTU can be found at https://www.ntu.ac.uk/m/external-examining-at-ntu/role
Please forward expressions of interest, together with a CV to Dr Jennie Walker email@example.com by Friday 30 July