The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our modules that we run in partnership with Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The modules cover a diverse range of subject specialisms
- Anaesthetic Practitioner module for Nurses
- Care of the Trauma and Orthopaedic Patient
- Paediatric Critical Care
- Physical Examination of the Newborn
Interested applicants should preferably have had experience of external examining in at least one other Higher Education Institution. The appointment will be with effect from September 2020 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
The assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus*.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Have current registration with the NMC
- Be employed in Higher Education and have experience teaching and assessing at levels 6 and 7.
- Moderating samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year, which are held on our Brentford campus*.
- Attend the Annual Field Reviews*.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
You would be part of a team of external examiners for the Post-registration nursing, midwifery and healthcare courses here at the University. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, in the first instance to:
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London