The Faculty of Health Sciences and Sport are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the BSc Professional Practice programme. This exciting programme is designed to meet the needs of health professions who are aiming to ‘top up’ a Diploma or equivalent earlier studies to a Degree. The top-up programme offers experienced, health and social care staff the opportunity to achieve their degree through an inclusive, practice focused, research-informed suite of flexibly delivered modules. Modules can be taken as part of the programme or on a standalone basis.
The programme consists of a range of modules including:
- Gateway to Further Studies
- Improving Quality through Work-based Learning
- Assessing and Managing Symptoms in Palliative Care
- Collaborative Management of Long-Term Conditions
- Understanding Pain
- Mental Health Everyone’s Business
- Health and Wellbeing of People with Dementia
- Professional Leadership
Full details of the programme and modules will be provided to appointees.
As an External Examiner, you will be required to:
- Monitor the quality of the programme
- Externally moderate assessed work
- Attend in person/via MS Teams one Board of Examiners per year
- Complete an annual report
- Comment on proposed modifications and the development of new modules
Coursework is submitted electronically via Canvas and is marked online using Gradebook and Turnitin. User guides and support will be provided.
This post will be effective from 1st September 2021 and the term of office would normally be four years.
Applicants should hold appropriate academic and nursing qualification(s), have experience of programme delivery and acting in the role of an External Examiner. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University’s Academic Council.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a detailed CV to:
Aprill Smith, Faculty Administrator, Faculty of Health Sciences and Sport, University of Stirling: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require further information please email Aprill Smith, as above, who will forward your query to the appropriate member of staff.