We are seeking to appoint a Subject and Award External Examiner for the BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science programme. This programme is based within the School of Health Professions, Faculty of Health: Medicine, Dentistry and Human Sciences. It is a full time 3-year undergraduate programme which on successful completion leads to eligibility to register with the Health and Care Professions Council. This position does require the external examiner to be a Paramedic, have a recordable teaching qualification and a current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
The appointment will be until the 31st October 2025 and the commitment required is as follows:
- At least 1 years External Examiner experience to fulfil the Award role requirements
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend an assessment panel & board per year and the submission of an annual external examiner report.
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and students on assessment in practice and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by Monday 31st 2021 or for further information about the role email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com