The University of Hertfordshire is seeking to appoint a Module/Programme External Examiner to ensure that our assessment and academic standards are being met. The modules form part of the BSc (Hons) /MSc Midwifery & Women’s Health Post-registration Programme. Examples of the post qualifying modules requiring External Examiner review include:
- Maternal Perinatal Mental Health
- Complex Social issues in Maternity Care
- High Dependency Midwifery Care
- Examination of the Newborn
- Preparation for Professional Midwifery Advocate and Leadership
On-line submission by students is in place so most scripts can be viewed via our managed learning environment, Canvas.
As an External Examiner your duties would include:
- External moderation of a range of assessments
- Submission of an annual report to the Dean of Academic Quality Assurance.
- Attendance at Assessment Boards.
- Advising on any proposed module modifications / new modules
Applications are welcomed from individuals educated to MSc level and must have current registration as a Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Please apply with a brief expression of interest and CV to the e-mail address at the foot of this advertisement, including any relevant clinical interest and/or academic experience. The University provides an Induction for external examiners.
The External Examiner position for this post-registration programme commences on 1st January 2021, ending on 31st December 2024. Appointment is subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of External Examiners.
If you require further information about the programme, please contact Deborah Sharp, Programme Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to apply, please send your CV to the Lead Midwife for Education Cathy Hamilton, email@example.com