External Examiner – Continuing Professional Development Adult Critical Care Nottingham Trent University School of Social Sciences is seeking to appoint an external examiner for the following CPD courses:
- Professional Certificate in Adult Critical Care – Level 6
- Post Graduate Certificate in Adult Critical Care – Level 7
- BSc in Adult Critical Care
- MSc in Adult Critical Care
The appointment will commence in the 2021/22 academic year (starting Sept 2021) for a tenure period of three years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University Academic Board.
Overview of Role Requirements:
- Offers advice on the content of the course to provide assurance that it complies with the National Standards for Critical Care Education and the National Step Competency Framework
- Examines assessment guidelines, and student work (both academic and clinical evidence) to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments
- Comments on good practice and make recommendations for improvement and enhancement when necessary.
- Provides feedback on whether the assessment process is fair, equitable, meets the intended outcomes and is in line with the University Quality Standards.
- Attends at least one examination board/s per year and submits an annual report
- Engages in communication with the academic and course team.
Please forward expressions of interest, together with your CV by Friday June 25th 2021 to Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org. For any enquires please Tel 0781226809