University of the West of England, Bristol, Department of Nursing and Midwifery, is seeking to appoint an external examiner for modules within our CPD and undergraduate provision. All modules are delivered at Levels 6, 7 (3 and M)
The following modules are expected to be part of the examiners portfolio:
- Dual Diagnosis – Substance Misuse
- Supporting and Managing those at risk of Suicide
- Motivational Interviewing
- Family and Carer work
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy
- Medication management in Mental Health Practice
- Social and Policy context of Mental Health nursing
- Solution focussed therapy
- Working with a person experiencing mental health crisis
Applications will be accepted from individuals new to the examining role with relevant professional experience in any of the areas above. UWE CPD modules can be taken as part of a programme or individually as standalone.
- Current NMC registration Mental Health Field
All appointments are subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of external examiners including Right To Work checks.
We are unable to accept applications from Buckinghamshire New University, University of Chester, University of South Wales, Cardiff University, University of Hertfordshire
Tenure: 4 years
Field Boards – currently February, June, July and November. We expect External Examiners would be able to attend at least 2 out of 4 boards.