The University of Wolverhampton is currently recruiting for a Faculty Dean to provide strategic leadership to its Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) on a permanent basis.
The FSE offers innovative courses and collaboration in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Technology and the Build Environment. Our research focuses on applications that benefit health, communities and business, from brain tumours and sperm mobility to cyber security and sustainable construction.
The Dean of FSE will:
- Oversee the development and delivery of the University’s vision and strategic plan at Faculty level, and its translation into appropriate policies and operational plans.
- Work with two Pro-Vice Chancellors, the Dean of Research, and the Deputy Vice Chancellor on the translation of the sub-strategies for education, global opportunities, regional engagement and research to Faculty and School levels.
- Build the depth and quality of the academic disciplines within the Faculty in line with the University’s Strategic Plan 2030, building the standing and reputation of the Faculty’s schools regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- lead the Faculty’s executive group, developing it as a high-performing team focused on the achievement of the University’s vision.
Suitable candidates will demonstrate:
- significant experience of working at a senior level in an HE setting.
- experience of leading on strategy and change management at a School or Faculty level.
- external focus and evidence of having turned opportunities into positive returns in line with institutional strategy.
- high academic standing in one of the following disciplines: Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Technology, Built Environment.
- clear evidence of positive leadership and management performance.
- excellent knowledge and understanding of HE policy and its application