K(XY)804 Developing advanced clinical practice
Starting: Annually in October
This module is the second year of our MSc Advanced Clinical Practice and the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (Degree Apprenticeship) qualifications. During this module, students will closely link theory to their practice-based learning, developing skills in advanced clinical assessment and examination; diagnostics and decision-making; communication and collaboration; and manage complete episodes of care across the four pillars of advanced practice.
The module’s main themes of interlinked study include:
- Foundations for advanced thinking and practice
- Communication and decision-making
- Biomedical bases of advanced practice
- Clinical consultation, history taking, planning and doing
- Educating and leading through advanced practice
- Developing self and others
- Leading in practice.
There are 2 day schools at Milton Keynes Campus, six 2-hour online tutorials via Adobe Connect and blended learning using simulated practice videos, online tutor group forums, assimilative activities, interactive activities and productive activities.
The main assessment components are:
- TMA01 (formative) outline learning plan
- TMA02 (summative) assessment plan
- TMA03 (summative) critical reflection of a consultation
- TMA04 (summative) presentation and application of teaching principles
- EMA (summative) E-portfolio aligned to the specific nation-specific (and profession-specific) advanced practice framework across the 4 nations of the UK.
To work with us you will need access to the internet.
For detailed information, and to apply online go to: – https://www.open.ac.uk/jobs/tutors/vacancies
Closing date for Applications: 27th May 2021 – noon
We promote diversity in employment and welcome applications from all sections of the community.