Do you have a passion for simulation? we are looking to recruit a health professional who has experience of simulation in practice or education to help lead the development of simulation in the school.
Our vision, is that simulation will become further embedded in the teaching across all fields of the school and you will be responsible, along with the teaching and technical staff in leading on the promotion of excellence in simulation, through the design, development, and contemporary delivery of innovative interprofessional learning.
It is anticipated that you will work across disciplines, supporting the academic staff as we further extend our simulation portfolio, ensuring a contemporary approach to teaching and learning opportunities, putting the student at the heart of the progression of health care education.
In order to be successful in this post, you should have knowledge and practice of the use of simulation in enhancing learning and the importance of a flexible and multi dimensional approach to how simulation can be adapted to meet the needs of individual learners. In addition to which, you should have:
- A good (1 or 2:1) Health professionals’ degree
- Current Professional, statutory and regulatory bodies registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council or Health and Care Professions Council (NMC or HCPC)
- A postgraduate qualification/PhD or an equivalent level of professional experience commensurate to Band 6 / 7 working
- An understanding of academic awards and teaching and learning approaches
- A Higher Education teaching qualification and/or a HEA Fellowship is required, or will need to be achieved within the first 12 months
You will be based at our Falmer campus but expected to work across both the Falmer and Eastbourne Campus and to be part of the development of the simulation facilities in the 2024 move to a single campus for teaching.
The university offers an excellent package of support including Post Graduate Courses in Teaching and learning, 35 days annual leave, extended Christmas breaks and an agile working approach.
We welcome applications from candidates seeking to job share.