We would like you to join our Paramedic team and contribute to the teaching and learning in our BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science course.
We have been producing the next generation of paramedics for a decade and are well-established and highly regarded within our school where we provide a stimulating environment for staff and students.
Our lecturers develop and utilise a range of teaching methods to support student learning in both theory and practice, and act as a personal tutor; using listening, interpersonal and pastoral care skills. We work in partnership with students, academics, researchers, service users and service colleagues to deliver high quality learning and teaching based contemporary research findings and practice. In order to be successful in this post you should have:
- A current registration as a paramedic with the Health & Care Professions Council.
- A good (1st or 2:1) degree in paramedic science/practice.
- Professional experience as a paramedic with knowledge and experience of clinical supervision.
- An up to date knowledge of contemporary paramedic practice.
- A Higher Education teaching qualification and / or a HEA Fellowship is required, or will need to be achieved within the first 12 months, and we will fully support you in obtaining this.
It is expected that you will continually update your disciplinary and/or professional knowledge and understanding to develop personal (and, where appropriate, collaborative) research objectives. The primary focus of this role will be supporting BSc students, however, there are also opportunities to engage in curriculum development at both pre- and post-registration levels.
This post is based at our Falmer campus, but travel to other university and practice sites will be required.
For informal enquiries please contact Sarah Lewis-Tulett, Academic Lead
We welcome applications from candidates seeking to job share.