We would like you to bring your skills and experience to join our Midwifery team in the School of Sport and Health Sciences, where you will be teaching and supporting students undertaking the BSc (Hons) Midwifery course
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team of midwifery staff dedicated to teaching students on the 3-year midwifery degree programme. There are also opportunities for you to engage in interprofessional education, particularly being involved in paramedic simulations. We are looking to recruit a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer with contemporary knowledge of midwifery practice and who has professional experience as a midwife.
Our programmes’ curriculum is focused on preparing students to be fit for practice as a registered midwife and our philosophy is to work in partnership with students, academics, researchers, service users and service colleagues to deliver high quality learning and teaching based on contemporary research findings and midwifery practice. In addition to the teaching responsibilities of the role, our lecturers also play a key part providing pastural support to students, to help maximise their university experience and achievement. In order to be successful in this role you should have:
- Registration with the NMC as a midwife
- Professional experience as a Midwife
- A good first degree in a nursing, midwifery or allied health profession and working towards or have a postgraduate MSc
- A Higher Education teaching qualification and/or an Advance HE Fellowship, or willingness to undertake this within the first 12 months
- Up-to-date, sound knowledge of current developments in health including current clinical, professional, leadership and policy developments and the range of generic skills required to teach the subject.
Informal enquiries can be made to Susanne Simmons: S.J.Simmons@brighton.ac.uk
This post is 0.6 FTE and permanent.