We would like you to bring your skills and experience to join our Diagnostic Radiography team in the School of Sport and Health Sciences, where you will be teaching and supporting students undertaking pre-registration studies.
In your new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a creative team, embedding innovative teaching and simulation opportunities on the Falmer campus utilising the brand new Radiography Suite. You will be working as part of a team who focus on enhancing the student experience and will share in the co-creation and delivery of these innovative programmes. You will be expected to understand and be able to support a range of assessments and clinical practice / teaching in our on-campus clinical facilities including the use of Medscape and SECTRA (training will be provided).
We are particularly looking to recruit someone with strong experience in diagnostic radiography
In order to be successful in this post, you should have:
- A good first degree in diagnostic radiography
- Current and active registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Diagnostic Radiographer
- Recent professional experience as a senior diagnostic radiographer
- Up-to-date, sound knowledge of current developments in health, social care and the range of skills required to teach the subject
- Understanding of academic and award standards and the range and level of knowledge and skills, both subject-specific and generic, which the programme is intended to foster.
- Experience of leading and implementing creative approaches to developing teaching and learning of diagnostic radiography related skills and knowledge in university and/or practice setting.
It is desirable to have post-graduate qualifications and an active research portfolio. If you have a Doctorate and can supervise at this level, you will have opportunities to develop as the university has an active programme for supporting early career researchers.
For informal enquiries please contact the Acute Care Subject Lead, Susanne Simmons S.J.Simmons@brighton.ac.uk
This post is for a full-time role and permanent, however we welcome applications from candidates seeking to job share.