The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is seeking to appoint a new External Examiner for the following programme
- Post-Registration BSc (Hons) Nursing Science (total 120 credits)
This covers the following Level 6 modules:
- IM0626 The Context of Global Health and Nursing
- IM0627 Research as Evidence of Nursing Practice
- IM0628 Health Improvement for Nurses Working Across Diverse Environment
- IM0629 Life Sciences for Clinical Practice
- IM0630 Dissertation
The external examiner will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of these programmes. You will be involved in the approval of assessment tasks, moderation of student work, completion of an annual report and will be invited to attend examination boards. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules.
Applicants should hold appropriate professional registration and academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee on appointment.
The appointment will take effect from 1st August 2021 and will be for a four-year term.
If you would like further information regarding this post, please contact:
- Joy Shao – Programme Lead – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying, please forward your C.V. to Joy Shao at the above email address by 6 August 2021.