We are seeking a replacement external examiner to join our vibrant team for the next academic year. The post is for our highly successful two year problem based learning MSc occupational therapy (pre-registration) programme.
The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the Course leader and the teaching team.
The course holds three examination boards each year, but work is shared as it is completed and moderated though out the year.
The role would involve being an external examiner across a varied range of academic and practice placement modules, working alongside the current experienced external examiner. It is desirable for applicants to have experience of problem-based learning and accelerated masters level course teaching/leadership but this is not essential.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- They must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- They will have a recognised Occupational Therapy qualification, and be Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered.
One External Examiner is sought for the following programme:
- A two year full time accelerated MSc Occupational Therapy (pre-registration).
Commencement date October 2022 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact:
Course Leader, MSc/PG Dip Occupational Therapy (pre-registration) – Tania Wiseman, email@example.com, in teams or by phone: 01323 646958
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk with the title of the course in the subject line. Following the closing date, expressions of interest will be considered and you will be informed of whether you have been nominated as soon as possible.
For further information please see https://www.brighton.ac.uk/courses/study/occupational-therapy-pre-reg-msc-pgcert-pgdip.aspx