The Dept of Social Work, Education &Community Wellbeing is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for MSc Healthcare Management which is also franchised at a partner organisation in Singapore, duties will also relate to this delivery of the programme. This covers the following modules:
AC0778 Research: Approaches methods and skills
AC0779 Strategic management of healthcare
AC0729 Leadership and Collaborative Working in Public health and Healthcare
AC0730 Developing management and leadership competencies in Healthcare
AC7118 Health improvement: behaviours, practices, interventions and management
The external examiner will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of these programmes. You will be involved in the approval of assessment tasks, moderation of student work, completion of an annual report and may be invited to attend exam boards. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules.
Further information about the role can be found at https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/university-services/academic-registry/quality-and-teaching-excellence/assessment/guidance-for-external-examiners/
Applicants should hold appropriate academic qualifications and experience. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee on appointment.
Please note that we cannot currently accept applications from the following, if there is an existing professional association between the applicant and a member of academic staff in the Dept:
Anglia Ruskin, Canterbury Christ Church, Cardiff Met, Cardiff, Glasgow Caledonian, King’s College London, University of London, London Met, Manchester Met, Middlesex, Nottingham Trent, Oxford Brookes, Queen Margaret, Teesside, Middlesbrough, The Open University, Ulster, UCL, University College, Dublin, Bradford, Bristol, UCLAN, Cumbria, Derby, Dundee, Gloucestershire, Lincoln, Manchester, Northampton, Plymouth, Reading, Strathclyde, Sussex, West of Scotland, Winchester
The appointment will take effect from 1st August 2023 and will be for a 4 year term. Please send a CV (max 4 pages) covering the points below:
• Your contact details – postal address, telephone, email address for correspondence;
• Present post and employment history;
• Qualifications and professional memberships;
• External examiner experience within the past 5 years, including participation in recognised development programme/training;
• Teaching experience and responsibilities within the past 5 years, eg subject/modules taught, module tutor role;
• Quality assurance experience within the past 5 years: design/setting/internal moderation of assessments, Module Leader, Course/Programme Leader, approval/validation/review activity or panel membership (internal and external), collaborative/franchise partner activity, committee membership, any other quality assurance capacity;
• Research and related scholarly activity or professional/consultancy within the past 5 years;
• For degree / higher apprenticeship programmes – please ensure your relevant occupational experience and professional body registrations are evident;
• A covering paragraph outlining your suitability, to include indication of any association between yourself and the Northumbria Department. Maximum 500 words.