The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for various modules within the CPD framework, including the Graduate Certificate, BSc (Hons) and MSc Health and Social Practice Pathways. The post also includes the Advanced Diploma and Graduate Certificate in General Practice Nursing Pathways. The post holder will be the Lead Examiner for the General Practice Nursing Programmes and will moderate the following modules:
AC6719 Context of Nursing in General Practice
AC6720 Preventative Interventions in General Practice Nursing
AC6721 Monitoring and Managing Long Term Conditions.
AC6767/CO9211/AC7119 – CNO002 Discovering a Nursing Career in General Practice.
AC6751/AC7110 Promoting Sexual Health in Healthcare Practice.
AC6759/AC7105 Sexual Health Advisor: Principles of Public Health and Partner Notification
AC0528/AC6737 Tissue Viability in Primary care
Further information about the external examiner role can be found at https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/university-services/academic-registry/quality-and-teaching-excellence/assessment/guidance-for-external-examiners/. The appointment will be for four academic years from 1 August 2024
As external examiner you will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of the programme. You will be involved in approving assessment tasks, moderating student work, completion of an annual report and may be invited to attend examination boards. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules.
Applicants should hold appropriate professional registration and academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience as external examiner/assessor although support and guidance can be provided for those new to the role. Full course details and documentation will be provided on appointment.
If you are interested in applying or to request further information, please send a CV (max 4 pages) covering the points below to email@example.com
- Your contact details – postal address, telephone, email address for correspondence.
- Present post and employment history.
- Qualifications and professional memberships.
- External examiner/assessor experience within the past 5 years, including participation in recognised development programme/training.
- Teaching experience and responsibilities within the past 5 years, e.g. subject/modules taught, module tutor role.
- Quality assurance experience within the past 5 years: design/setting/internal moderation of assessments, Module Leader, Course/Programme Leader, approval/validation/review activity or panel membership (internal and external), collaborative/franchise partner activity, committee membership, any other quality assurance capacity.
- Research and related scholarly activity or professional/consultancy within the past 5 years.
- For degree / higher apprenticeship programmes – please ensure your relevant occupational experience and professional body registrations are evident.
- A covering paragraph outlining your suitability, to include indication of any association between yourself and the Northumbria Department. Maximum 500 words, to be incorporated and not as a separate document.