The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is seeking to appoint a Non-Lead External Examiner for their Non-Medical Prescribing (V300) and Community Practitioner Nurse Prescribing (V100/V150) provision. These standalone modules are taught across Level 6 and 7, with some embedded into specialist programmes of study (e.g., Higher Apprenticeship in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing with MSc Option Programme, Higher Apprenticeship in Specialist Practice District Nursing (SPDN) with MSc Option Programme, and MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner Degree Apprenticeship Programme Pathways. As such you would be responsible for the prescribing modules only but may feed into additional programme boards.
This covers the following modules:
- AC7065 Community Practitioner Nurse Prescribing (V100)
- AC6709/AC7067 Community Practitioner Nurse Prescribing (V150)
- AC6710/AC7066 Non-Medical Prescribing (V300)
Plus 2 new modules currently undergoing validation/approval.
The Non-Lead External Examiner will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of these programmes. You will be involved in the approval of assessment tasks, moderation of student work, completion of an annual report and may be invited to attend examination boards. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules. Further information about the external examiner role can be found at https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/university-services/academic-registry/quality-and-teaching-excellence/assessment/guidance-for-external-examiners/
Applicants should hold the V300 Prescribing Qualification, professional registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) and appropriate academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee on appointment.
The appointment will take effect from 1st August 2022 until 31 December 2026 and will be for a 4-year term. If you are interested in applying or to request further information, please send a CV (max 4 pages) covering the points below to Dr Claire Pryor via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your contact details – postal address, telephone, email address for correspondence.
- Present post and employment history.
- Qualifications and professional memberships.
- External examiner experience within the past 5 years, including participation in recognised development programme/training.
- Teaching experience and responsibilities within the past 5 years, e.g., subject/modules taught, module tutor role.
- Quality assurance experience within the past 5 years: design/setting/internal moderation of assessments, Module Leader, Course/Programme Leader, approval/validation/review activity or panel membership (internal and external), collaborative/franchise partner activity, committee membership, any other quality assurance capacity.
- Research and related scholarly activity or professional/consultancy within the past 5 years.
- For degree / higher apprenticeship programmes – please ensure your relevant occupational experience and professional body registrations are evident.
- A covering paragraph outlining your suitability, to include indication of any association between yourself and the Northumbria Department. Maximum 500 words, to be incorporated and not as a separate document.