The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for their BSc (Hons)/MSc Pre Registration Nursing Science (Learning Disabilities Nursing) & Return to Practice (Learning Disabilities Nursing) Programme(s). The post holder will be the Lead External Examiner for the programme(s). This covers the following modules:
LE5001 – Capability, Empowerment, and Capacity in Learning Disability Nursing
LE5002 – Perspectives of Complex Care in Learning Disability Nursing
LE6001 – Transition to Accountable Practitioner in Learning Disability Nursing
LE7001 – Applied Life Science for Learning Disability Nursing
LE7002 – Promoting Health and Preventing Ill Health
LE7003 – Assessing and Planning for Complex On-Going Needs in Learning Disability Nursing
LE7004 – Principles of Innovative Nursing Practice in Learning Disability Nursing
AC6736 – Return to Practice – Learning Disability Nursing (Submissions Only).
The external examiner will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of these programmes. You will be involved in the approval of assessment tasks, moderation of student work, completion of an annual report and may be invited to attend examination boards. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules. Further information about the external examiner role can be found at https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/university-services/academic-registry/quality-and-teaching-excellence/assessment/guidance-for-external-examiners/
Applicants must hold appropriate NMC professional registration and academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee on appointment.
The appointment will take effect from 1st August 2022 and will be for a 4-year term to 31 December 2026. If you are interested in applying or to request further information, please send a CV (max 4 pages) covering the points below to Lynette Harper contact by email at email@example.com
- Your contact details – postal address, telephone, email address for correspondence.
- Present post and employment history.
- Qualifications and professional memberships.
- External examiner experience within the past 5 years, including participation in recognised development programme/training.
- Teaching experience and responsibilities within the past 5 years, e.g., subject/modules taught, module tutor role.
- Quality assurance experience within the past 5 years: design/setting/internal moderation of assessments, Module Leader, Course/Programme Leader, approval/validation/review activity or panel membership (internal and external), collaborative/franchise partner activity, committee membership, any other quality assurance capacity.
- Research and related scholarly activity or professional/consultancy within the past 5 years.
- For degree / higher apprenticeship programmes – please ensure your relevant occupational experience and professional body registrations are evident.
- A covering paragraph outlining your suitability, to include indication of any association between yourself and the Northumbria Department. Maximum 500 words, to be incorporated and not as a separate document.
The closing date is 3 June 2022.