The Department of Nursing, Midwifery & Health is seeking an External Examiner for MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner including specialist awards and Degree Apprenticeship. This includes External Assessment of ST0564/AP1 for the Degree Apprenticeship. You will be lead examiner for the programme and moderate:
AC7047/DA7011 Health History and Examination
AC7050/DA7013 Service Improvement and Research Methods in Advanced Clinical Practice
AC7080/DA7006 Contemporary Advanced Clinical Practice
AC7081 Dissertation Portfolio for Advanced Clinical Practitioners
AC7082/DA7007 Life Science for Advanced Clinical Practitioners
AC7083/DA7008 Managing Clinical Complexity in Advanced Clinical Practice
AC7084/DA7009 Professional and Practice Development for Advanced Clinical Practice
DA7010 Apprenticeship Dissertation
DA7012 Knowledge for Advanced Clinical Practice (Apprenticeship End Point Assessment)
DA7018 Apprenticeship Dissertation Portfolio for Advanced Clinical Practitioners
Further information can be found at https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/university-services/academic-registry/quality-and-teaching-excellence/assessment/guidance-for-external-examiners/. The appointment will be for 4 academic years from 1 August 2023.
As External Examiner you will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of the programme and may be asked to comment on proposed modifications. You will approve assessment tasks, moderate student work, complete an annual report and may be invited to exam boards.
Applicants should hold appropriate professional registration and academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience as external examiner/assessor although support and guidance can be provided. Full course details and documentation will be provided on appointment.
As External Assessor you will operate in line with current External Quality Assurance of End-Point Assessment for Integrated Higher and Degree Apprenticeships guidance (https://dqbengland.org.uk/apprenticeships/). You will be involved in activities listed in section 16 of the guidance. Applicants should be independent of apprentices and the employing organisation and demonstrate experience and qualities as per Appendix 1 person specification of the guidance.
To apply or request further information please send a CV (max 4 pages) covering:
- Contact details: postal address, telephone, email address for correspondence
- Present post & employment history
- Qualifications & professional memberships
- External examiner/assessor experience in the past 5 years, including participation in recognised development programme/training
- Teaching experience & responsibilities in the past 5 years, subject/modules taught
- Quality assurance experience in the past 5 years: design/setting/internal moderation of assessments, Module Leader, Course/Programme Leader, approval/validation/review activity or panel membership (internal & external), collaborative/franchise partner activity, committee membership, any other quality assurance capacity
- Research & related scholarly activity or professional/consultancy in the past 5 years
- For apprenticeship programmes please ensure relevant occupational experience & professional body registrations are evident
- Covering paragraph outlining your suitability, to include any association between yourself & the Northumbria Department. Max 500 words, to be incorporated and not as a separate document