The University of Brighton is developing two new Physiotherapy Apprenticeship courses: A level 6 BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy Degree Apprenticeship course, due to start in September 2023 and a level 7 MSc (Pre-reg) Apprenticeship course, due to start in September 2024.
We are initially seeking an external examiner for the level 6 BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy Degree Apprenticeship course starting in academic year 2023/2024 but would also be interested to hear from those who would consider the MSc (Pre-Reg) Apprenticeship External Examiner role. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the Course Leader and Subject Leads. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
The University applies the following criteria to external examiners: The applicants should have:
- Expertise within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Competence and experience relating to (I) designing and operating a variety of assessment tasks as appropriate; and (II) enhancement of student learning and experience;
- Employed within a university appointment;
- A recognised Physiotherapy qualification, and be Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered;
- And they must not have been a University of Brighton examiner or staff member within the last five years.
Initially, one External Examiner is required for the full-time, 4 year, pre-registration BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy Degree Apprenticeship course.
The role would involve being an external examiner across a range of Year 1, 2, 3 and 4 modules.
Commencement date September 2023 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact any one of the following:
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk with the subject line ‘External Examiner position for BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy Degree Apprenticeship’.
Further information about the School of Sport and Health Sciences may be found on the University website at https://www.brighton.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us/academic-departments/school-of-sport-and-health-sciences.aspx