We are seeking a new external examiner for the BSc (Hons) Health Studies (top-up) degree course to commence in September 2022. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually, with additional support provided by the course leader. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will ideally have a qualification registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and internal and external examining experience
One External Examiner is required for the BSc (Hons) Health Studies (top-up) course, including the following modules shared with other degree courses:
- Health Law & Ethics modules (level 6)
- Health Promotion module (level 6)
- Leadership and Managing in Care Organisations module (level 6)
- Dissertation for Health Studies module (level 6)
Commencement date: September 2022 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact:
- BSc (Hons) Health Studies course leader – Emma Menzies-Gow, email@example.com
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk with the title of the course in the subject line. Following the closing date, expressions of interest will be considered and you will be informed of whether you have been nominated by 26th November 2021.
Further information may be found on the University website at https://www.brighton.ac.uk/courses/study/health-studies-bsc-hons-top-up-degree.aspx