We are seeking an external examiner, starting in academic year 2022/2023, for the BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography, BSc (Hons) Apprenticeship and the MSc (pre-reg) Diagnostic Radiography course. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the Course Leader and Academic Lead. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
The University applies the following criteria to external examiners: The applicants should have:
- Expertise within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Competence and experience relating to (I) designing and operating a variety of assessment tasks as appropriate; and (II) enhancement of student learning and experience;
- Employed (or recently employed) within a university appointment;
- A recognised Radiography qualification, and be Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered;
- And they must not have been a University of Brighton examiner or staff member within the last five years.
One External Examiner is required for the full-time, 3 year pre-registration BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography course, Degree Apprenticeship and 2 year MSc (pre-reg) Diagnostic Radiography course.
The role would involve being an external examiner across a range of Year 1, 2 and 3 modules.
Commencement date 1st October 2022 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact the course leader – Charlene Wallace, email@example.com
To be considered for this role, please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont, N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk with the subject line ‘External Examiner position for Diagnostic Radiography’.
Further information about the School of Sport and Health Sciences may be found on the University website at www.brighton.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us/academic-departments/school-of-sport-and-health-sciences.aspx