The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is seeking to appoint a Non-Lead External Examiner for their BSc (Hons)/MSc Nursing Science/Pre-Registration Nursing (Adult) Programmes. The post holder will be the Non-Lead Examiner for the programme. This covers the following modules:
AA0511 Principles of Innovative Person-Centred Nursing Practice in Adult Nursing
AA0613 Transition to an Accountable Practitioner in Adult Nursing
AA0714 Promoting Health and Preventing Ill Health in Adult Nursing
AA0716 Principles of Innovative Nursing Practice in Adult Nursing
NS0525 Nursing Skills 3: Developing Evidence-Based Skills for Best Practice
NS0623 Nursing Skills 6: Advancing Nursing Skills
The Non-Lead External Examiner will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of these programmes. You will be involved in the approval of assessment tasks, moderation of student work, completion of an annual report and may be invited to attend examination boards. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules. Further information about the external examiner role can be found at https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/university-services/academic-registry/quality-and-teaching-excellence/assessment/guidance-for-external-examiners/
Applicants should hold an appropriate Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) professional registration and academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee on appointment.
The appointment will take effect from 1st August 2022 and will be for a 4-year term until 31 December 2026. If you are interested in applying or to request further information, please send a CV (max 4 pages) covering the points below to Julie Alderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your contact details – postal address, telephone, email address for correspondence.
- Present post and employment history.
- Qualifications and professional memberships.
- External examiner experience within the past 5 years, including participation in recognised development programme/training.
- Teaching experience and responsibilities within the past 5 years, e.g., subject/modules taught, module tutor role.
- Quality assurance experience within the past 5 years: design/setting/internal moderation of assessments, Module Leader, Course/Programme Leader, approval/validation/review activity or panel membership (internal and external), collaborative/franchise partner activity, committee membership, any other quality assurance capacity.
- Research and related scholarly activity or professional/consultancy within the past 5 years.
- For degree / higher apprenticeship programmes – please ensure your relevant occupational experience and professional body registrations are evident.
- A covering paragraph outlining your suitability, to include indication of any association between yourself and the Northumbria Department. Maximum 500 words, to be incorporated and not as a separate document.
The closing date is 10 June 2022.