The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for their new BSc (Hons)/MSc Health and Social Practice CPD Framework (leadership and management modules). This examiner will be non-lead examiner for the programme. This will cover the following modules:
AC6764/AC7109 Foundations of Teaching and Learning in Practice
AC6756 Introduction to Thinking Strategically in Health and Social Practice
AC7101 Leadership, Management and Decision Making in Health and Social Practice
AC7102 Leading Quality and Service Improvement in Practice
AC7103 Managing Strategic Thinking in Health and Social Practice
AC7104 Critical Evaluation of Contemporary Practice
The external examiner will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of these programmes. You will be involved in the approval of assessment tasks, moderation of student work, completion of an annual report and may be invited to attend examination boards. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules. Further information about the external examiner role can be found at https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/university-services/academic-registry/quality-and-teaching-excellence/assessment/guidance-for-external-examiners/
Applicants should hold appropriate professional registration and academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee on appointment.
The appointment will take effect from 1st August 2022 and will be for a 3-year term until 31 December 2025. If you are interested in applying or to request further information, please send a CV (max 4 pages) covering the points below to Daniel Monk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your contact details – postal address, telephone, email address for correspondence.
- Present post and employment history.
- Qualifications and professional memberships.
- External examiner experience within the past 5 years, including participation in recognised development programme/training.
- Teaching experience and responsibilities within the past 5 years, e.g., subject/modules taught, module tutor role.
- Quality assurance experience within the past 5 years: design/setting/internal moderation of assessments, Module Leader, Course/Programme Leader, approval/validation/review activity or panel membership (internal and external), collaborative/franchise partner activity, committee membership, any other quality assurance capacity.
- Research and related scholarly activity or professional/consultancy within the past 5 years.
- For degree / higher apprenticeship programmes – please ensure your relevant occupational experience and professional body registrations are evident.
- A covering paragraph outlining your suitability, to include indication of any association between yourself and the Northumbria Department. Maximum 500 words, to be incorporated and not as a separate document.
The closing date is 12 August 2022.