The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is seeking to appoint an External Examiner/Assessor for MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner Degree Apprenticeship and MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner, including specialist awards. This will include External Assessment of ST0564/AP1 for our Degree Apprenticeship programmes. The post holder will be the lead examiner for the programme and will moderate all modules on the programme (list can be obtained from named contact).
Further information about the external examiner role can be found at https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/university-services/academic-registry/quality-and-teaching-excellence/assessment/guidance-for-external-examiners/. The appointment will be for four academic years from 1 August 2023.
As External Examiner you will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of the programme. You will be involved in approving assessment tasks, moderating student work, completion of an annual report and may be invited to attend examination boards. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules.
Applicants should hold appropriate professional registration and academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience as external examiner/assessor although support and guidance can be provided for those new to the role. Full course details and documentation will be provided on appointment.
As External Assessor you will operate in line with current External Quality Assurance of End-Point Assessment for Integrated Higher and Degree Apprenticeships guidance (https://dqbengland.org.uk/apprenticeships/). You will be involved in activities listed in section 16 of the EQA External Assessors guidance. Applicants should be independent of apprentices and the employing organisation. Applications should demonstrate experience and qualities as per Appendix 1 person specification of the guidance.
If you are interested in applying or to request further information, please send a CV (max 4 pages) covering the points below to Maureen Jersby email@example.com and Lorraine Mutrie firstname.lastname@example.org
Your contact details – postal address, telephone, email address for correspondence.
- Present post and employment history.
- Qualifications and professional memberships.
- External examiner/assessor experience within the past 5 years, including participation in recognised development programme/training.
- Teaching experience and responsibilities within the past 5 years, eg subject/modules taught, module tutor role.
- Quality assurance experience within the past 5 years: design/setting/internal moderation of assessments, Module Leader, Course/Programme Leader, approval/validation/review activity or panel membership (internal and external), collaborative/franchise partner activity, committee membership, any other quality assurance capacity.
- Research and related scholarly activity or professional/consultancy within the past 5 years.
- For degree / higher apprenticeship programmes – please ensure your relevant occupational experience and professional body registrations are evident.
- A covering paragraph outlining your suitability, to include indication of any association between yourself and the Northumbria Department. Maximum 500 words, to be incorporated and not as a separate document.