We are seeking a new external examiner for our MSc Advanced Clinical Practice/MSc Advanced Clinical Practice Apprenticeship Degree courses. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds annual workshops. Further support is also provided by the Course Lead and the Postgraduate Health Lead. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will have a recognised health related qualification, and be either Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered.
One External Examiner is required for the 6 year part-time MSc and 3 year part-time apprenticeship degree.
The role would involve being an external examiner across a range of Level 7 modules including advanced physical assessment, leadership & service improvement, work-based learning, a portfolio module, dissertation and apprenticeship end point assessment.
Commencement date September 2022 for a period of 4 years.
For an informal discussion, please contact:
- Course Lead – Daren Briscoe, D.Briscoe@brighton.ac.uk or
- Postgraduate Health Lead – Emma Menzies-Gow, E.Menzies-Gow@brighton.ac.uk
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae to Nicky Pont, N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk, with the title of the course in the subject line.
Further information about the School of Sport and Health Sciences may be found on the University website at