Job Reference – 1144
Salary – £37,631.00 – £53,514.00 per annum
Coventry University Group is a global education group with a mission of Creating Better Futures. Driven by our passion and belief that through education, equity, and innovation our students, people, and communities are empowered to transform their lives and the world around them. Our people are the key to our success and each role within the group plays a key role in shaping the world around us.
The School of Health and Care delivers an extensive range of undergraduate and post graduate courses for professionals working in health and social care settings including; nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dietetics, paramedic science, operating department practice, diagnostic radiography, clinical psychology and public health. We also have a large portfolio of CPD courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels including Advanced Clinical Practice, Independent prescribing and Global Healthcare Management.
As a Teaching Fellow in dietetics, you will undertake teaching and course coordination while supporting the development and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and other core activities ensuring students have an effective learning experience. Based within the School of Health and Care you will work with and lead other academic colleagues to enrich the student learning and teaching experience to ensure, as appropriate, relevant evidence and professional context are embedded in modules and courses.
- Teach on modules and courses at HE levels 4-7
- The design, creation, moderation and quality assurance of appropriate module assessment.
- Assessment and marking, including formative and summative student feedback
- To act as module leaders and take on specific course management roles as agreed.
- Work with other academic colleagues to enrich the student learning and teaching experience to ensure, relevant aspects of evidence and professional context are embedded in modules and courses.
If you believe you have the skills, experience and attributes required and would like to informally discuss this role further, please contact Bernice Tighe, email@example.com
- Currently registered with the Health and Care Professions Council as a dietitian
- Master’s degree in an appropriate subject, or if a registered dietitian, a good honours degree and current HCPC registration as a dietitian
- A teaching qualification or extensive experience of delivering professional and/or university education
- PhD or active membership of an appropriate professional body would be advantageous
Our Successful Candidate
You will have demonstrable experience of successful teaching at higher education levels 4-7 or supporting students on placements, with high standards of teaching, learning and student engagement consistent with our reputation and track record as a high-quality provider of teaching and learning.
Enthusiastic and self-motivated, you will have experience supporting, enhancing and engaging in an ‘active learning’ pedagogy with evidence in proactively supporting student success.