The University of Birmingham (UoB), School of Nursing (SoN) has expanded its undergraduate and postgraduate portfolio and to ensure our students continue to receive excellent education we are expanding our clinical skills and simulation teaching team.
The School offers a range of routes leading to registration including a three-year Bachelor of Nursing, a four-year Master of Nursing (single as well dual field qualification) and a two-year postgraduate MSc programme. The School also offers a range of programmes aimed at qualified practitioners including Advanced Clinical Practice and independent prescribing and will soon be delivering MSc Midwifery.
The post holders will support the delivery, design, evaluation and assessment of the undergraduate and post graduate clinical skills and simulated practice teaching and will work together with academic and professional services colleagues to develop online learning resources and assessments to support skill enhancement and simulation based learning. If new to higher education successful applicants will be encouraged to pursue a post graduate qualification in health professional education.
They will work closely with the nursing and midwifery programme directors, lead for simulation based learning, academic staff and the Head of Education to optimise the design, delivery and assessment of programme outcomes. Post holders will be accountable to the Head of School of Nursing.
Summary of job
- Contribute to all teaching and learning particularly clinical skills and simulated practice across all nursing and advanced practice programmes (under the supervision of an academic member of staff)
- Demonstrate professional integrity in line with NMC Code acting as role model for evidence-based, inclusive, person-centred simulated clinical practice so learners can mirror accountability, professional values, and appropriate delegation
- Work with learners to develop clinical skills integrating theory to practice, developing understanding of safety and risk minimisation and effective person-centred communication
- Provide high quality learning and teaching activities, materials and presentations based on sound educational principles
- Engage in student assessment, evaluating educational activity and maintaining safe learning environment