A bit about the School of Health & Society…
Our School of Health & Society is one of the largest providers of nursing, midwifery and allied health professional education programmes in the UK, known for our track record of collaborating with a wide range of industry partners across health and social care to produce highly skilled graduates with real work experience. We are at an interesting time in the Higher Education sector, there is significant change in terms of oversight, student expectations and changing demographics and we are trying to do things differently so that we stay ahead of these changes. Our connection to industry is stronger than ever and we’re proud to have more partnerships with SMEs than any other Greater Manchester University. It’s everything we do and the way we do everything.
So what will the role involve?
- Contribute to teaching, research and leadership at undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- Contribute across the spectrum of academic work in the School through learning, teaching, research and enterprise
- Take a lead in your own area of expertise and develop new ideas to meet the needs of the modern world
- Contribute to our thinking and be challenging on how Salford can transform the way it addresses equity disparities, embraces diversity and becomes more inclusive
- Foster the development of an inclusive community, using teaching approaches which encourage inclusivity, working in partnership with students to improve their sense of belonging, diversifying the curriculum and using approaches to inclusive assessment to close the award gap
- The types of experience we are looking for includes any general and specialist nursing experience. We are also interested in applications from staff with experience in anatomy and physiology and child development.