Ranked in the top 6 in England, for Nursing, in the 2022 Complete University Guide, Keele University’s School of Nursing and Midwifery are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the school’s expanding post-registration portfolio. This role will focus on the Specialist Community Nursing (District Nurse) programme and will include some additional standalone/elective modules, at levels 6 or 7. Examples of modules that the applicant would be reviewing are:
- Specialist Community Nursing Practice
- Independent and Supplementary Nurse/Midwife Prescribing
- Independent and Supplementary Prescribing for Allied Health Professionals.
- Research Application in Clinical Practice
- Clinical Leadership
- Introduction to Adult Assessment
We have both standard entry and apprenticeship provision for this programme and the successful candidate will be required to undertake the role of External Assessor for the End Point Assessment associated with the apprenticeship pathway for this programme.
School programmes will be undergoing change to align with the NMC (2022) Standards of proficiency for Specialist Practice Community Nursing Qualification.
External examiners are key in supporting the school and play an important role in maintaining the standards of the University’s awards. We are a dynamic and motivated team. The role includes:
- Approval of assessment tasks
- Reviewing samples of students work, both written and practical assessments.
- Review of assessment processes and programme modifications
- Sharing expert knowledge in content delivery and assessment
- Attendance at relevant examination boards (usually online and usually up to four times a year)
- Submission of annual reports
- Support with the approval processes of NMC programmes
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with Keele University in the last 5 years
- Current registration with a relevant professional body, including a recordable teaching qualification
- Relevant academic and/or professional qualifications to at least the level of the qualification being externally examined, i.e. District Nurse with a prescribing qualification.
The successful applicant would be required to commence in post from September 2023, for a period of 4 years.
Previous experience as an external examiner is desirable, but not essential.
Applicants should send an expression of interest, by CV to: Jeni Currie email@example.com by 13th March 2023.