We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Registered Nurse or Nursing Associate to join the Adult Nursing Division as an Apprenticeship Skills Coach.
Exciting work you will do
As a Skills Coach, you will ensure that your allocated apprentices have a quality learning experience as laid down in the agreed programme developed between LSBU and the employer partners. Your role is to ensure the timely completion of timescales and act as a point of contact for all apprentices undertaking the Nursing Associate and Adult Nursing apprenticeship programmes.
In summary, the role of the Skills Coach is to be the liaison between the NHS Trust and LSBU. At the beginning of any apprenticeship programme, Skills Coaches normally agree and record an individualised learning plan with apprentices, with clear milestones and targets to ensure apprentices are meeting their learning objectives according to their programme of learning and apprenticeship regulations.
A key part of this role is the regular tripartite reviews which take place between the employer, the apprentice and the Skills Coach. Another important part of the role is monitoring records of compliance with the off-the-job learning.
The skills and experience you will need to be successful
- A degree or equivalent educational qualification in Nursing or Nursing Associate and active registration with the NMC.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of NMC standards for Registered Nurses and Nursing Associates.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build customer / client relationships and maintain empathy with stakeholders.
- Experience with e-learning platforms and an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, including the ability to produce reports, etc.
Details about the role
- Full-time/part-time. The basic working week will be 35 hours, worked from Monday to Friday; 9.00am to 5.00pm, with a one-hour unpaid lunch break each day.
- Please note that the University is operating a hybrid working model which means a mix of working on site and from home, confirmation of days worked on campus are arranged with the line manager.
To view the Job Description & Person Specification see https://jobs.lsbu.ac.uk/tlive_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID%3d653895BkIu&WVID=46197623lw&LANG=USA
To apply, please complete our online application form ensuring to address the essential selection criteria in the ‘Evidence for selection criteria’ section.
For any further information on the job post, please contact Gilberto Buzzi – Head of Division Adult Nursing at email@example.com
Please note, the contact details listed above are for enquiries only. Application forms, covering letters, or curriculum vitae documents sent directly to the contact listed will be disregarded.
Interview and assessment process
This post will close on Thursday 19th February 2023
It is expected that the interview will be held on week commencing on the 27th February 2023.
Please Note the Job Reference # for this post is REQ8250
Employment Visa: Under the UK Governments PSB scheme this role does not meet the criteria to be sponsored by LSBU for a Skilled Worker Route (SWR) application.
Please be advised that currently LSBU will only support the Certificate of Sponsorship for any employment visas and will not support the payment of the employment visa for the offered candidate and/or dependants.